Friday 9 March 2012

Abstract Impressionism - My opinion

This would be my favourite art movement out of them all, because of the way it has been created and the range of colours used. I like how realistic it is and its not all painted in a smooth way to purposely look realistic, it looks like they have used some sort of material (e.g. card or using a palette knife) to get that block effect. The image makes me think of a night time walk past the fansy lights and festivals. They're really warm colours, none bring out any darkness or sad feelings, makes me feel warm and happy. The artists name is Leonid afremov and he has done a lot of oil on canvas work, very simular to this one. But I do think it's amazing the way he can take any object, place or person and have this style with the patchy backgrounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment